Monday, October 4, 2010

Urban Cow Half Marathon 10/03/10

I signed up for the Urban Cow Half Marathon about a week before the race. After running the SF Marathon the longest run was 8 miles, so I was not expecting to do well in this half marathon. Well I surprised myself and only if I knew along the way I could have made it to the podium.

I road down with my girlfriend Jenna and a few of her friends. They were doing the relay together! We got to the race about 45 mins early. When we got there I had Jenna use the KT Tape on my rotator cuff and IT Band.

The start of the race I decided to stick with the 01:50 pacer. As we got to mile 6 I felt strong and started to pick up my pace. I found myself in the rhythm and holding a great pace. Usually my IT band or rotator cuff starts to bug me, but ever since I used the KT Tape I don't have pain. At mile 10 I still had energy and was not fatigued. I decided that I would pick up the pace and push myself the rest of the way.

About a mile away from the finish line I see my Aunt and Uncle along the side cheering me on. It felt good to see them and to have their support. The last 1/2 mile was all out! I sprinted to the point where I felt like I was going to vomit or pass out! After I crossed the finish line I was ever so thankful :)

I met up with my girlfriends after they complete the race. We checked our race results and I was shocked! I ended up placing 4th in my devision. If I would have known that I would of fought for 3rd, but I had no idea.

My SF Marathon my overall pace was 08:35 and the Urban Half was 08:13. Each race I am getting faster! I am in training for CIM and my goal is to qualify for the Boston Marathon! I can do it :)

Race Results:
Finished: 01:47:35
Pace: 08:13
Overall:
448th of 3120
Female:
122nd of 1976
F19-24:
4th of 103

I find myself accomplishing my dream and becoming a faster runner! It feels great to be at this point right now :)

Thank you for reading. Hope you enjoyed it and inspires you to push yourself beyond what you think you your body can handle. Just remember it's all mental!

3 comments:

  1. You can for sure qualify! Great work lady:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun. Would love to get together soon and catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know if you are still trying to qualify or if you qualified? With that half marathon time you should be able to qualify to Boston!

    Cheers

    Benny

    ReplyDelete