Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Recipe # 2

Stir Fry!!

Ingredients: (FYI, everything is from Trader Joes)
3 large pieces of chicken
1 bag of broccoli (already sliced)
1/2 bag of carrots (already shredded)
1 bag of stir fry vegetables (use whatever you prefer)
3/4 (of jar) General Tsao stir fry sauce
chili flakes to taste
sea salt and black peppercorns to taste
Brown or white rice (whatever you prefer)

Preparation:
Slice chicken into long strips. Put olive oil in the bottom of a big frying pan, then place chicken in pan. Turn the burner on medium heat (which on mine is a 5 or 5 1/2). Cook the chicken until it is done and then drain some of the juice out of the pan (not all of it because then it will dry the chicken out). I coat the top of the chicken with chili flakes, sea salt and black peppercorns. Then I throw in the stir fry vegetables, broccoli and carrots. I mix it all up and let it cook until the vegetables and soft but not mushy. I then add General Tsao stir fry sauce to it and let it simmer for about 5 minutes or so. I Buy the frozen rice that cooks in 3 minutes, so if you don't make sure to cook the rice way before you start the stir fry.. You know those rice cookers can take forever!! :)) After it' all done I place the rice in the bottom of the bowl and the stir fry on top.

I hope you guys enjoy like we did! I have many other recipes, so if your craving something or need ideas please twitter or facebook me. I would love to give you ideas. :))

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy!! I saw your tweet and had to check it out!

    ReplyDelete